The professional certificate of teaching and learning in advance higher education (Advance HE) program is co-designed within the National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU) and the Advance HE in the United Kingdom. This program aims to provide faculty and doctoral students with professional training for enhancing teaching and students’ learning in higher education. All participants are encouraged to do some activities and use critical concepts that learn in the program, reflect in the class, and continue to think and to improve how to improve students’ learning. After the program, all participants are required to apply for the HEA certificate using their pedagogical design and personal development.
- Consolidates personal development and evidence of professional practice in your higher education career.
- Provides a valuable measure of success and is increasingly recognized by international institutions.
- Provides assurance that your institution is fully aligned with UKPSF practice and a badge of assured quality.
- Demonstrates commitment to teaching, learning, and the student experience, through engagement in a practical process that encourages research, reflection, and development.
- For individuals, to identify their expertise with the entitlement to use post-nominal letters (AFHEA, FHEA, SFHEA, PFHEA).
III. Program Information
The program will be three modules (4 days each) within one academic year, from September 2021 to July 2022. All participants need to attend all modules and finish assigned tasks. Participants only can be asking for leave for 4 hours in each module. After completing the training program, participants will be awarded a training certificate from Advance HE as passing the below rule of attendance. All participants will also be required to apply for the Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellowship with a 3,000-word reflective commentary.
IV. Who can apply?
- Faculty members, Ph.D. students, and post-doctoral researchers from National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU)
- Those who are willing to serve as co-trainers in the coming years.
- Faculty members.
- “Outstanding Teaching Awards” and “Remarkable Teaching Awards” recipients.
- Ph.D. students/ Post-doctoral researchers who want to become teachers of higher education
- Faculty members of universities implementing International Competitiveness Project under the Higher Education Sprout Project, including National Taiwan University (NTU), National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), and National Cheng Kung University (NCKU).
The maximum number of participants is 25.
- Free for NYCU faculty, Ph.D. students, and post-doctoral researchers. NYCU subsidies each participant NT$100,000 for the training and fellowship application fee for NYCU participants.
- Each NYCU participant will be required to deposit NT$30,000 as enrolling the program successfully. The deposit will return as completing all modules’ requirements and submitting the application.
- Attend all modules (An excused leave of 4 hours in each module is permitted).
- Finish all assigned tasks during or after each module.
- Submit the fellowship application (with 2 recommendation letters) before April 11 th, 2022.
- Filling out the “Faculty form” or “Ph.D. / Doctoral Form.”
- Mail back your “Faculty form” or “Ph.D. / Doctoral Form.” to Cathy Chang. (firstname.lastname@example.org) ext：31262
VII. Important notes
- Strict attendance requirements will be enforced. Unexcused absences will result in the required withdrawal from the program without a deposit refund.
- After training, you need to apply for the HEA Fellowship. Otherwise, the deposit will not be refunded.
- If you complete the certification application without sufficient training hours, the deposit will not be refunded.
- NYCU reserves the right to adjust dates and training details to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.